Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sometimes things break...

and sometimes you put them back together!

Basically, I'm feeling better! Yippee. I'm such a baby when it comes to being sick. I spent all day Sunday on the couch watching Tanked, and That 70's Show. But after a full day of rest I pulled my head out from under the blankets and I could breathe again. I'm not 100% but I'm feeling well enough to start tickle fights and crush Justin in Monopoly. I bought "The Office" version of Monopoly for Christmas because I watched 8 season in 2 weeks and I was crazy obsessed for awhile. Then I realized that I had no clue how to play monopoly. No worries tho, I still dominated. It got to the point that Justin didn't have any money or properties left so I was making him get me juice and rub my back to pay off his debts. We almost got to the point where he had to paint my nails but he refused. It was awesome. :)

I'm working on this thing where I tell people how I'm actually feeling. It's tough. I've always been nice, and quiet, and mellow. I'm never rude, or snappy, or mean. Ever. I don't have it in me. The only time I get pissy is behind closed doors and I think Mom and Justin are the only ones that ever hear my full rants. I may gripe and complain from time to time to friends but you guys get the cliff note version. Well that's changing. I've had some people in my life lately that have seriously let me down or done shady things that aren't acceptable from friends. A few of the issues I've let go but the ones that really get under my skin I have brought up and called people out on. I hate it. I hate being tough and confrontational. However, talking it out and hearing both sides has made me feel much better. It has also helped me decipher between the people that are important and I want to keep and the ones that it's time to let go of. Even talking about this right now is making me uncomfortable. More than likely those of you that are reading this, I'm keeping :) I have decided tho that I need to get out and make some more friends. I have a really small group here is Gaylord and I want to mingle and expand. LOL Now this sounds like a creepy craigslist ad. 26 year old female, looking for fun, laid back, non drug using friends. Weeelllllllll now that it got awkward I'm moving on.

Cupcake Wars was on Saturday. There were 8 teams that showed up and everyone had really awesome displays. We didn't win but I bet we were close. Our bucket was full of chips. Here are a couple pics:

Alpenfrost 2013 - This was the welcoming ice sculpture as people entered the activities area. 

This is our Ice Tree. They build it every year and as winter goes on the tree gets bigger. It's basically a metal frame that has hoses running thru it. It's cool, sometimes it's HUGE! But when it starts to melt it looks really really sad. 

Cupcakes - Triple Chocolate, Vanilla Snowflake & Dark Chocolate Peppermint Twist.  

Little mini guys. I made roughly 360 of them.  

I made one big cupcake of each for the display. 

I thought these ones turned out super cute. Justin spent oven an hour cutting all those little fondant snowflakes out.  

Justin's mom, Colleen and my mom, Carla showing off our goods.  

Cute right!? 



I also had some super cute sweatshirts made up that had different sayings on them. Angel over at Make it Mine Design totally hooked me up and make these look awesome. 

This was Brendas:

Mine: 

Justins: 

 Moms: 

and Colleens:  

The sleeve had Muffins Cupcakes down the side. And under that it said Jan's Deli. 

The gang! We looked super snazzy and everyone got a kick out of them.  

For you bloggy friends I decided if you'd like one I would offer them for $20. That seriously just covers materials and labor but I'd love to see them all over the place. Ohhhh.... Maybe I'll do a contest. If you can think of another witty cupcake saying and I love it I'll send you a sweatshirt of your choice. What do you think? Anyways if you'd like one let me know. We can mix & match colors/sayings. :)




TagLine*GetSomeCupcakeSwag!





2 comments:

  1. Woohooo! Got my first sweatshirt order. Thank you Megan S.! I'm so excited that you and your friends will be wearing and enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted a cupcake pun on your FB page :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love, ideas, or a funny joke :)