Friday, February 8, 2013

BlarghGurgleCoughSneezeBoogers

Hi Bloggy friends,

I haven't been on in several days because I am a hot boogery, slimey, coughy, sneezy mess. Haha I bet that's not what you bargained for. You came to read about cupcakes and sunshine and I'm telling you how gross and sick I am. Sorry 'bout that.

Justin and I have been up to a whole lot of shenanigans lately. I don't want to divulge too much because I am one of those people that believes the more you spread the news the less likely it is to happen.  Hopefully in a week or two I will be able to spill my guts (not in the gross sick way) and tell you all about it! Stay tuned. :) All I gotta say is I'm making 2013 my biotch. (err......sorry for the curse if you're reading this Mom.)

Gosh, what have I been up to lately? The other day I made Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes and German Chocolate Cupcakes. Super easy.

For the German Chocolate I used a box of german chocolate cake mix, 4 eggs, 1 1/4 cup milk & 1/3 cup melted butter. Mix, mix, mix, bake, bake, bake. Bake at 320 for 20 minutes. Pull them out & let them cool. I made a standard chocolate butter cream to line the outer edge with and then I put a scoop of german chocolate frosting in the middle. nom nom nom.




















This is baby Laney. She's grown a bit since these were taken and we are currently not on speaking terms since she bit me in the neck the other day. I'll stop being grumpy about it when I can no longer see the evidence of her vampire attempt on my thought. She is really adorable tho.





Back to the cupcakes - Pineapple Upside Down Cake. 
1 box vanilla cake mix, 4 eggs, 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup pineapple juice, OH MY GOD! IF I HAVE TO USE ANOTHER KLEENEX I'M GOING TO FREAK!!! (sorry, just spazing out over here) and 1/2 cup melted butter. Mix, mix, mix. Line your cupcake pan with liners and add some chopped pineapple chunks and 1 maraschino cherry to the bottom. Pour batter over top & bake @ 320 for 20 minutes. 
I topped these with a brown sugar butter cream. 

            
















There they are - cherry and all. :)

Side note: Barbie came out with a line of wedding gowns Seeeee......




What do you think? Would you rock one? I liked the shiney striped one until a friend of mine said it made them think of Beetlejuice. Then my feelings for it were gone. Shrug. 


Wow, I'm awful scatterbrained today. Think I need to get back to work and focus my energy on one task at a time. 

OH MY GOSH! I totally forgot to tell you! Tomorrow I am going to be participating in Alpenfrost Cupcake Wars. Basically there are 10-12 teams. We all have to make 300 mini cupcakes. 100 chocolate, 100 vanilla, and 100 peppermint. Then whoever has an Alpenfrost pin gets to taste all the cupcakes and cast their vote. If you are in or around the Gaylord area please stop by and VOTE for Me! The prizes aren't much but the competitive side of me would love to beat some of the other teams. :) They will be delicious and adorable I promise! The tent opens at 2:30 and is located under the pavilion! Come on out! :)


Thanks for dropping by!


TagLine*BoogersAndBarbies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love, ideas, or a funny joke :)