Thursday, March 21, 2013

Things to NOT do and say at a bridal shop...

This is a little off topic for me and I don't usually complain about my job because I genuinely love it but here...
I've been the manager of a bridal shop for nearly 2 years now. These are a few of the things I've seen and heard while I've been here.

1. When trying on wedding gowns NEVER put them on the floor when you're done with them. This has got to be in my top 5 pet peeves. That gown is selling for $1,500 and you're treating it like your walmart t-shirt. I have clearly told you from the beginning "once you are out of the dress please hand it out of the dressing room and I will take care of it". I'll let it happen 3 times max and then you get to see my grumpy face. Don't think that I won't take all the other dresses out and only allow you to have one at a time. Because I will!

2. If you come in and act like you own the place, are extremely rude, or think you know it all I will make sure that the first 4 dresses you try on are at least 4 sizes too small. What's that? You can't get it up over your hips? Try going up over your head. What's that? Now you're stuck in the dress and you look like a stupid burrito? haha.... I mean, oh let me try to help.

3. NO you may not open the bottle of red wine you brought with you to celebrate. What are you stupid?

4. If I'm working with a bride in the back I can not just let you go back and look around. I'm sorry, but if you didn't make an appointment I just don't have the time or means to work with you. 98 out of 100 days I'm working alone. So when I have a bride she is my main priority. Picking out a wedding gown is a very personal and special experience  So no, I'm not going to let you glare at her until she takes off the gown you want to try on.

5. On that note, if you feel like that's a stupid policy feel free to call my boss and tell her about it. More than likely I've already told her and she's said "should have made an appointment". As my mom always says "improper planning on your part should not constitute an emergency on my part."

6. Don't be rude to the girl that controls the fact that your dress will either be here on time or it wont. Duh.

7. BRIDESMAIDS - Do NOT get in my face and insist that you should get a discount because the bride bought her dress with me too. Selfish hoes. Shouldn't you be more concerned about the fact that the 6 of you are buying your dresses through me and maybe we should give a discount to the bride? After all, your dress was $180 and hers was $1,300.

8. Girls, I know it's really exciting to start planning your wedding but if it is more than a year away I do not need to speak with you once a week. Also, your bridesmaids to not need to order their dresses a year in advance (unless it's being discontinued) and your tuxedo's do not need to be ordered 6 months out. The tuxes can literally be ordered 4 days before the wedding.

9. The walls in this building are not really walls. The top 3 feet of them are lattice so when you walk out of my store and start complaining about me 5 feet down the hall I CAN STILL HEAR YOU! So when you call me up and have to place the order for your dress don't be all nice and cheeky, I know what you said.

10. I am probably one of the few bridal shop managers that will go so far out of my way to make sure that your attire comes out exactly as you dreamed. If it means I have to go to Hobby Lobby to find an extra yard of the right fabric, or call the company to remind them of whatever changes we made while I'm on vacation, or blah blah blah show some appreciation. Use your manners and at least say thank you. I'd also be more than willing to accept any monetary, food, beverage or gift reimbursements.

Ok, that's all I have in me for now. 99% of the time I love my job and my brides. I've made some great friends and had some fun experiences with this job.

Just think about how your behavior will affect other people before you throw a tantrum or act like a total snot.



TagLine*SayYesToSomeManners

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love, ideas, or a funny joke :)