Saturday, September 28, 2013

Little Slice of Heaven.......whole lotta sugar.

The thing about blogs, and social media, is, for the most part people always portrait the "best of life". ie.... I posted that picture because I look skinny and my boobs look killer! or, YOU'D BETTER UNTAG ME IN THAT ASAP OR SO HELP ME GOD!! The flip side of that are the people that air out all their dirty laundry like the internet is their private diary. If you're one of those people please, please, please stop! I have a few friends that are going through some custody issues, and honestly if you show up to the court with pages of profile wall drama they should slap you. Same with break ups, don't throw slander pies all over the place. It didn't work, he's a jerk, you're being dumb, it's OK! Everyone has broken up with someone at some point in their lives. And guess what?!? They survived!! Round of applause to all you folks with former break ups - Check you out, living and stuff!!

I guess the reason I'm ranting about this is because I'm straight up sick of people. I need to crawl into bed, eat ice cream for days, and not come out until I feel better. Don't get me wrong there are still people out there that I love and cherish. But there are also people out there that I could totally do without. I adore my family. I honestly don't think I would be the person I am today without them. Pretty sure if I didn't have such an awesome family (this goes for Justin's fam too) I would be a little grumpy troll that stayed in the basement and excelled at arcade basketball.

Maybe I'm just tired. Or hungry, I can sometimes get cranky when I'm hungry. We call it Hangry. Or maybe I'm disappointed? That might be it. I worked my butt off to clean the house, make a ton of sweet treats and invite everyone I know to my FIRST EVER origami owl party. And do you know who showed up? My mom, Justin's mom, and Karin. Thanks ladies, you're all awesome. Some people had really good reasons that they couldn't come but so many people backed out at the last minute. How many parties have I come to just to support you? How many letters, notes, etc have I sent your way just to let you know I appreciate and care about you? How many times have I done something above and beyond just to make you feel better? That's what I thought. TONS!

I know there is going to be someone out there that says "well you shouldn't do nice things for people to get something out of it. You should do it just because you want to". Well you know what, I do. It's ingrained in me be a thoughtful, kind, loving person. That's how I was raised. Maybe your mom didn't write little notes in your lunch every day, maybe she didn't send you a card just to say she was proud of you but you could still care.

I'm not saying that when I do something nice I want something done in return. I'm just saying the world might be a nicer place if we were all a bit more thoughtful. If you have an extra $30 bucks right now send your mom, or your sister, or your best friend some flowers. Or send someone that you haven't talked to in awhile a text just because you're thinking of them. Take a co-worker coffee because they've been working their butt off lately. It'll cost you $5 to do something nice and they'll think about it for the rest of the week.

I am very rarely a selfish person but I am still more selfish than I'd like to be. Give yourself today.

We all need a pep talk. Then get on the same team you turds.








TagLine*ThatHurtRobertFrost!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love, ideas, or a funny joke :)