Monday, April 29, 2013

Life Date

No time, update needed, life happening.....

House:
- Bathroom is complete!! (minus the few things like towel rods, tp holder and towels) I think I'm going to be a total bum and tell you guys when things are done but not post any pictures until it's all done. Ahahaha!!! It's the little joys in life.
Vintage Grey

- Super organized and cleaned all the tools. I was really tired of everything sitting out, and being dusty, and yuck.
- Guest room is finished. It's been mostly done this whole time tho. Just need to hang a few pictures and possibly paint a tree.
Green Tea Latte

 - Kitchen is coming along. Fingers crossed Steve comes today and finishes the electrical. The wall oven is in and it looks awesome! I can't wait to start baking again. I've missed it so much.
Beehive

- Also, I am the messiest painter ever. However, I only end up in paint all over myself. No biggie. 
I know this picture makes it look like Justin painted me but in all honesty I did it to myself. I was getting on the ladder and slapped myself in the face with the brush. Who does that?

- We still need to paint the living room/dining room. The paint I had originally picked out was the same exact color that was already on the wall. So I went back to Lowes and picked up a different color - I think it'll look nice. The original:

Cream & Sugar

The new color- 
Bamboo Shoot

-  This is the color of our room. Talk about cheery!  
Cool Pool


Horse: 
- Muffin is doing well. Once we wrap the house up I'll be really glad to get back out there and start riding again. Even though I get to see her twice a day I don't get to spend much time with her. This is going to sound crazy but the other day I had a call with an animal communicator. I was super skeptical at first but she told me all sorts of things about my horse that only someone that knows her really well should know. 
Apparently Dream:
- Really likes the color yellow. 
- misses her lesson girls. 
- Wants to spend more time with me. 
- Thinks having a baby "sounds like fun".
- She tried really hard to get better when she was sick because she knew how sad I was. 

I'm not even kidding I was at my kitchen table on the phone with a lady in Florida and was in tears over the stuff she was saying about my horse. 
Like:
- She doesn't like it when we paint the barn (we painted her stall with some stuff to make her quit chewing on it)
- The little girl with the yellow hair that gives her carrots - she likes her because she looks into her eyes. 
- She honestly believes she's the pretties horse in the world because we tell her all the time. 
- Asked about the new house, and asked if she would be able to stay at the barn or if she had to move too. 
I didn't tell this lady anything other than her name, color, age and breed. Craziest 30 minutes of my life. I didn't even get a word in until she asked me if I had any questions for Dream.
Crazy! 

I bet you're wondering about the engagement, eh? 
What am I, Canadian?
It was amazing. I thought there would be no way Justin could surprise me and he did!
Tuesday was the first day we were able to stay at the house. Ben had been working in the kitchen, Justin and Ron moved a bunch of furniture over, and Steve was doing more electrical in the bathroom. It was nice to finally see a bed in our room. Justin and I had to run some errands so we went and fed the horse, picked up a pizza & made another trip to Lowes. I'm getting tired of that place. I was a little cranky because it seems like we get something started and then we run into another problem or project. After all of our running around I dropped Justin off at the house and went back to our apartment to get pj's and toothbrushes. I figured the the guys were going to be at the house working for awhile so I took my sweet time. I watched the bachelor with Mom (I still can't believe she didn't kick me out since she was in on the plan), I played on my phone, I basically just hung out. Justin finally called at almost 10:30 to see where I was and to let me know the guys had left since they ran out of things to do. (aka he kicked them out 10 minutes after I left because he thought I was coming right back. oops) I packed up my things and headed over. 
When I got there he was at the door waiting for me and he took all the stuff I brought to the room. 
There were flowers and champagne set up and I was ooooohhh-ing and aaahhh-ing over them. When I turned back around he was on one knee. I was instantly crying and he was saying all sorts of sweet things. Then Justin got choked up and I cried even more. After saying yes and tackling him he said "don't you want to see the ring?". I didn't care at that point I was so happy.
This is the immediately after picture. (Notice: It's impossible to look good when you're being proposed to. I was in my jammies and I had makeup all over my face.)
 

I also had to use the phrase in all seriousness "I don't know what to do with my hands".

Since it was so late we didn't want to call and wake people up so I sent this picture to his mom with the title "call me maybe?"




His parents are so sweet and so excited. Colleen woke Ron up and didn't say anything but just handed him the phone. 
Justin: Dad we have a new member of the family
Me: (in my head: oh no! they're going to think I'm prego!)
Ron: Yeah? Did you get a puppy?!?

Hahaha I was cracking up. Nope not a puppy, just a Megan. :) 

The super bling:


It's gorgeous! Justin and I actually designed it ourselves with Arlington Jewelers in Petoskey. The center band slides out and is actually my wedding band but I get to wear it now because I'm spoiled. (and they don't want the 2 outside bands to bend or get warped.) On the inside of the 2 engagement bands there are 2 small stones. A sapphire and a ruby. Those are our mothers birthstones. I think that is my absolute favorite thing about the ring. Joining our two families with love and happiness. 

I called the venue the next day & he said they only had 3 available options for 2014. Holy smokes, better get on it. Justin and I went over that same night & he fell in love with it. 
The venue is called Park of the Pines in Boyne Falls. Our church owns the campgrounds and there is all sorts of stuff to do there. We are planning a camping wedding weekend for June 6-8, 2014. I'm so very excited. But also very glad that I have so much time to plan things. 
Here is the link if you want to check it out. 
www.parkofthepines.org

We are going to have a cook out on Friday with swimming, beach volleyball, etc. 
Wedding stuff Saturday  
Brunch and a church service on Sunday. 

I'm so glad we will be able to spend some time with our friends and family. <3 


I also had time to do some crafting this weekend. :) this is the start of the mobile I'm making for the guestroom. Seriously can't wait to have everyone over! 




There you have it. Update in a nutshell. :)


TagLine*WeddingColorIdeas?


(aka - if you have any color combos you love let me know. We don't have any clue what we want.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love, ideas, or a funny joke :)