Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Andes Mint & Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes

With everything going on lately I haven't posted much or done much for that matter. Justin and I are working hard on getting in shape and counting calories. He, of course, gets to eat double what I do so most of the time I feel like I'm slowly shriveling away. But all in all I feel great. Glad to finally be putting that gym membership to use!

The other day I posted on my facebook asking for requests and ideas. One of these came from these, the other is one of my bosses favorites so I decided to go with that. I didn't take any during pictures because I was too busy talking and catching up with the gals at the store.



Andes Mint Cupcake:

Use the standard chocolate cupcake recipe (under the recipes tab). I doubled mine because I wanted to make more.
Make the recipe as usual and add 2 Tbs of creme de minthe. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
For the frosting just add more creme de minthe until your desired flavor is achieved. Don't go overboard tho, too much mint isn't always a good thing. After they were frosted I topped them with chocolate drizzle and half of an andes mint. I only used half because when you break them they green color shows more.

Orange Creamsicle:

Start with the standard vanilla cucpake recipe. (Aging I double this). Add 1 box jello instant pudding cheesecaek flavor and 1 box orange jello. Don't mix them or do anything silly. Just dump them in.
mix mix mix, bake bake bake. and cool. Frost them with a good ole vanilla buttercream and top with some pretty orange sprinkles. KaBlam! Orange Creamsicle cupcakes.




TagLine*It'sSnowingOutside




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love, ideas, or a funny joke :)