Friday, December 28, 2012

Travel Case

Like I said before I get volunteered to do a lot of cupcakes. Which I have turned into - let me use your kitchen. It's much more fun to make cupcakes for people when you get to mess up their kitchen instead! :) I looked for the perfect case for a long time. My mother found this one at an antique store in Lansing. I'm big on vintage type stuff. Aprons, luggage, etc. (my engagement ring.....cough....cough). 
It started when I packed up for Matt & Erin's wedding. Everything I needed fit in it just perfect and now I take it with me everywhere. 

The case

It's got a nice shelf tray thing on the top to hold all of my little items. So here we see sprinkles, red and peppermint because the last ones I made were chocolate peppermint swirl. Some red food coloring. I like to drip it in the piping bag before I add the frosting, it gives it a cool swirl effect. A clothes pin, to close up powdered sugar bags. 2 different tips, both jumbo sized. Peppermint extract for flavor. And some jumbo and regular sized cupcake liners. I use so many of them that I don't even bother to buy the pretty ones any more. 



 In the box we have (and this is limited supply because I was using most of my stuff at the time) spatulas, of course. Disposable piping bags; these come in boxes of 10 or 15 and they tear off one by one, super handy. My ice cream scoop type thing from Gordons used to fill pans. Also, jello! You can basically put jello in any cupcake or frosting and it will make it that flavor. Neat, huh?!

So there you have it. Travel case extraordinaire. Do you have a travel case for any of your hobbies? If I didn't make cupcakes it would be a travel case full of gnomes and unicorns. You never know when you'll need a little magic on your side. 



TagLine*TravelocityGnome!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love, ideas, or a funny joke :)